When money is tight, every trip to the grocery store can feel intimidating. With so many products and sales, what's a shopper to do? Luckily, creating a shopping strategy is a simple way to stay well-fed without depleting your wallet. How do you stretch your grocery budget? We've assembled a list of our top tips for smart shopping. Study the list below for inspiration on your next trip, and don't forget to get in touch with CashMax if you're in need of personal loan services between paychecks!
Grocery Shopping Tips
- The price of produce can add up, so buy cheaper vegetables for an inexpensive dose of nutrition. Look for options like carrots, leafy greens, and sweet potatoes to fill out your diet. While these fresh veggies are great for a budget, you can also look at frozen fruits and vegetables for a cost-effective option.
- Buying plain, unflavored foods can save some extra cash as well. Purchase unseasoned boxes of rice, unflavored cartons of quick oats, and plain cups of yogurt. These blank canvases can be seasoned with the spices and toppings of your choice.
- Consider growing your own produce if you have the resources. Not only will you enjoy your very own homegrown vegetables and fruits, but you also save money on trips to the grocery store and taxes at the register. Try growing fresh herbs if you are short on space.
- Use filling foods to bulk up your diet. Rather than crowding your plate with expensive options like meats, think about low-cost vegetables and grains. Filling veggies like squash, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts are satisfying and nutritious. Beans, lentils, and rice are also great choices to serve to a crowd.
- Meat can be expensive, so buy it on sale and freeze your leftover meat to preserve it for later use. This is a great solution for larger cuts as well, like rotisserie chickens.
- Shop smart by using all the resources at your disposal. Stick to the perimeter of the grocery store, which is where the cheaper items are displayed, and use the internet for price comparisons. You can download coupons to your phone or print them out at home. Follow these tips, and you'll eat well on any budget!